Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Christina Aguilera says critics take fashion too seriously

christina-aguilera-fashion-sp.jpg


I agree with Christina Aguilera when she says that her critics take fashion too seriously. So she can be flamboyant at times, she can be over the top. Christina is an artist and she’s entitled to do that. She doesn’t mind being criticised though. For her, she believes at least people care enough to make a comment. It’s better than nothing I suppose!


Did you also know that Christina does not believe in fashion faux pas?


I don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to shopping. I’m more like: “Bring me lots of options.” Trends don’t particularly interest me, either, but I have put a lot of effort into planning my new wardrobe. I have loads of wig-heads for hats, and a shoe wall filled from floor to ceiling. It even has a ladder on wheels, a bit like in an old library, so I can scoot along and get what I want quickly.


I don’t believe in fashion faux pas. Every look I did was important at the time. When I was in the Lady Marmalade video it was all about being over the top, sexy and playful. The big hair, the make-up, it was so much fun. Would I do that today? Probably not. It was a different time, a different place for me.



Everybody has an opinion on what I wear, especially about the outfits that were perceived as being very provocative. Some people were really closed-minded and judgmental. Fashion should be fun; lots of people take it way too seriously.


Source: Times


Image credit: splashnewsonline



No comments: